Saturday 28 April 2012

Rain rain go away

Well the last 2 weeks have been a total wash out quite literally rain has stopped play.  

My training regime is such that I can only run in the evenings when my beautiful wife gets home from work, well thanks to the great Scottish weather this last fortnight has been nothing but rain rain and more rain do as a result I've not none any road work. I've still manage to get out for walks at lunchtime but no running. As a result with 3 weeks to go all I can do is just keep ticking over perhaps doing some shorter faster runs to prepare me for the big race.

Anyway as i write this the sun has decided to come out so I'm all set ready to go which is just as well because I'll be out boozing later on.  Now I wont be expecting to break any records today but just to get some fitness back

As always I'd just like to thank everyone for their continued support it really does help,  it's kind of weird that with only 3 weeks to go I do get this feeling that I'm going to miss some part of this? Perhaps not the runs part in February when it was -2 at night but the whole experience has been a real journey for me not only for the race but also in life.

Please please remember this is all in aid of MS Scotland a fantastic charity and a worthy cause so if you can spare anything please visit www.justgiving.com/Donnie-Robertson and give what you can

Many thanks

Donnie

No comments:

Post a Comment