Thursday 15 March 2012

The heat is on

So just over a couple of months to go now until the big race and things are coming along nicely.

I'm currently working on 4 minute jogs with 2 minute walks in between times 10 and Its not as bad as I thought but what I have realised is that the recovery time now is much longer.  I frequently run between 7.5 and 8.5k just now and where I could run every second day before i now need a couple of days off to rest and recover.  What is funny is that when I look back to the start of my training I was doing 30 second jogs with 4 1/2 minute walks (which at the time tired me out!!) so to see the impact of the hard work is really encouraging.

I also this week totalled up all my runs and was astonished to find out that I had clocked up 71 miles of training not including walks at lunchtime so I'm hoping the hard work pays off in May.

I'm looking forward to the clocks changing at the end of this month so that I can perhaps enjoy a little sunlight during my runs and possibly some warmer temperatures too

Finally I just want to thank everyone again for their support and encouragement it really means alot, I first started this to force me into getting into shape and to stop being such a lazy bum but now with the addition of raising money for MS Scotland http://www.mssociety.org.uk/near-me/national-offices/scotland i really feel a sense of responsibility and achievement to it all so for everyone who has donated to date many thanks it really means alot.  For anyone thinking about donating please spare anything you can its for a great cause and will really go towards helping others

So please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Donnie-Robertson 

No comments:

Post a Comment