Wednesday 21 March 2012

Thank you so much (keep it coming)

I just wanted to write a short message to everyone who has donated to my just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Donnie-Robertson as well as those who have donated through the more traditional methods

When I first started this back in January the main drive behind it all was for me to finally once and for all to get healthy and force me into running the 10k in May.  Over the months of training and healthy eating I am pleased to say I really feel better for although is still miss biscuits and cheese.

I always wanted to do this for charity too as I knew people around me would be more than happy to donate a few quid to this cause but the level of donations has truly blown me away. MS Scotland http://www.mssociety.org.uk/near-me/national-offices/scotland is a fantastic charity and really helps those who need it most.

I initially set a target of £200 which I thought would be well in excess of my own expectations and a really fantastic amount to raise but after around 3 donations I was already half way there so little by little I would bump it up by £50 until my friend said just go for £500.  I remember thinking crikey I bought my first car for £500 so to me this is still alot of money.

Well with 2 months to go I am really chuffed to say that the £500 target will definitely be hit so thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far

Special mention to

Family - You don't really have a choice but thanks anyway you know more than most what a good cause this is going to

Friends - You can always rely on your friends so thank you

Work colleagues - I have pestered them from the beginning and I'm sure a few have donated just to shut me up but thank you.  For those still to donate don't worry you'll get another reminder next payday!!

Work clients - They have enough on their plate trying to remember everything I tell them and all the forms they have to complete so to take the time out to donate to my cause is much appreciated.

School pals - I left school 18 years ago now ( i know I don't look it) but I was lucky enough to go to a great school with great friends and even though the only way we keep in touch is through social media I was truly taken aback by the support shown by my classmates so big thanks to you all

Finally for those who have no connection to me whatsoever friends of friends or friends of my mum I want to give you a really big thank you because even though you don't know me in anyway shape or form you still felt that this cause was a worthy one

I'd also like to give a thank you to MS Scotland who contacted me to ask if I needed anything to help with the fund raising and they were able to supply sponsor forms and a groovy orange t-shirt for race day so thanks.

So what next?  Well I guess £600+ is on the cards but I can't do it without your support so wherever you are reading this please give what you can as every little helps, you'll be giving to a great cause and I promise to run my heart out for you all

you can pay via http://www.justgiving.com/Donnie-Robertson or simply text DONR77 £the amount you wish to donate to 70070 or just give me cash and I'll send the money to MS Scotland on your behalf

Thanks again

Donnie










No comments:

Post a Comment