Saturday 19 May 2012

Your time is now

Well here I am the day before the big race and its all starting to sink in now.  I've had 4 months preparation for this race and while I think I could have had a couple of more sessions in the last month I'm pretty happy with the overall preparation.  I look back to where I was at the beginning of this and I couldn't even run 100m yet alone 10,000m so fingers crossed.

I have a whole variety of emotions going on at the moment anxiety at the prospect of actually competing in the race, excitement at the thought of lining up with 4600 other competitors, worry at the thought something might happen that prevents me from completing the race and pride that I'll be doing this for so many good reasons.  1000 good reasons to be exact, because of the generosity of the people who have supported me from the beginning and throughout this process I am delighted to say I now have £1000 sponsorship for MS Scotland an amount I could only have dreamt of back at the start.

So what does the next 20 or so hours have in store for me? Well a nice pasta lunch beckons then I'll be out in the garden cutting the grass then relaxing in front of the football, a nice lazy day by anyones standards.  After a nice tea it will be more football followed by an early bed (god how I wish I could have a couple of beers on a day like this)  Sunday starts at around 7am getting ready for the race (weather looks promising) Gillian and the kids are coming down to give me an extra spur on so we'll have to leave the house around 8.30am for check in at 9.10am then its no turning back race gets underway at 9.30 and around 1 hour 15 minutes later a large out of breath 35 year old man should be on the home straight to complete what feels like a marathon.  How I'll feel when I get to the end who knows but I will certainly be glad to get it out of the way

So here we are the next time I write something down here I'll have completed a 4 month journey that took me over 100 miles of training and a great deal of sweat, was it worth it well I'll have to wait and see but I have enjoyed it and it's MS Scotland that are the real winners here so thanks again and please if you still want to give then do what you can its much appreciated http://www.justgiving.com/Donnie-Robertson

Donnie

No comments:

Post a Comment