Tuesday 24 January 2012

Diary of a fat man Week 1

Week 1

Well that’s it done everyone knows now about my run and I must confess I am really pleased with the level of support from everyone.  Hints, tips and eating plans are all appreciated as I've said before I have no will power so the more people helping out will only encourage me on further.

There is one person however who has helped and supported me more than all of you and that’s my wife Gillian.  Gillian it only took you about 8 years but we got there in the end.  Gillian has always been trying to get me fit and slim downed but the fat man inside of me always gets the better of me. (a tip for all you women trying to get your man to do that thing he doesn't want to do just stick at it and in around 8 years your endeavours should be rewarded.)  I thought the arrival of Matthew almost 7 years ago now would spur me on and then again when Lucie arrived nearly 4 years ago would help me get a move on but alas no kids just tire you out even more

SO how have I fared in my first week?  Well slowly but surely would be the answer, a combination of walking and "Just Dance" on the Wii  have been my efforts and from what I've found so far is if I don’t make it as an athlete then I can always turn to dancing (bad dad dancing at that).  Anyway is about preparing the body for the shock and awe that lies ahead and already my body is feeling the aches and pains of it all, but hey no pain no gain eh?

How does week 2 pan out well more of the same Laps of walking around duthie Park at lunchtime (3-4k a day) and some light exercise in the evening.  Towards the end of the week I think I'll venture out in the evening around Cove (still walking)  Saturday sees a lads night out get in the way of things but I’m not going to sit here and pretend I'll behave myself, yes I will have a few drinks and yes I'll probably have that kebab but that my treat

So here's to more of the same healthy eating and exercise in order to fit me up

I can’t wait he says sarcastically :)

No comments:

Post a Comment