Monday 16 January 2012

The Story Begins

So here we are January 2012 and I'm like what the hell have I done!!!

But like all good stories let me take you back to the beginning

For all who know me I am a lazy bastard and a big one at that.  All through life I have never really exerted myself any more than I have to.  Take school for example although my intelligence would have allowed for more I eased through my exams with quite little studying (you will understand quite quickly than English was never my strong point so apologies in advance) got myself C's and that was enough.  I can even remember leaving my chemistry exam after half an hour because I wanted to go home and watch the Cricket (possibly the laziest sport of all played over 5 days) so I answered as much as i could then up and left.   I passed the exam with a 2 and have no idea how the cricket went but that was me never really interested in doing the hard work.

Fast forward almost 20 years and a lifestyle of laziness and I'm afraid to say it has all caught up with me.  Every year starts off with good intentions of eating healthy and exercising and losing the gut but every year without fail the effort lasts till Easter (at best)  Wii Fit tells you its been 278 days since your last test and that you've put on 5lbs and you think fuck it at least I'm happy and I am happy  I sit on my arse for a large part of the day

My weakness is that i have no will power whatsoever I'm so glad i don't smoke cause I'd struggle to give it up.  I enjoy swimming and walking but there are to many distractions in life such as television and Angry Birds.  I'll watch anything you name it cup of tea and some biscuits and I'll watch any crap and if there's no crap on I'll sit and play with my phone (dam you apple)

The solution = THE FEAR

I need the fear to push me into something that I would never normally do, a goal and a sense of achievement so that is why in May this year I will be running the Baker Hughes 10k!!!!  That's right quite literally run fat boy run over 6.2 miles.  Now its no marathon but for a fat guy like me this is my Everest.  How am i going to manage?  Christ know but without the FEAR i would never get round to it and we'd be another year older and another year fatter

So here goes yesterday I signed up £21 for the privilege of dragging my fat ass around Aberdeen.  I will be doing this for charity so alongside my health and overall well being there will also be others benefiting too.  I just have to decide who

Already I feel sick at the though but if you see a fat man curled up at the side of the road please pick him up and tell him to "Jog On"

Donnie

No comments:

Post a Comment