Monday 30 January 2012

Diary of a fat man Mindgames

Well its nearly 2 weeks in now and I’m well and truly on my way and whilst I haven't actually done any running yet I must confess I am actually enjoying the whole process.  I think my previous failures have come as a result of not really wanting to succeed and giving up at the first opportunity.  The main change this time around other than having to actually complete 10k is the mindset I have.  I feel like I’m playing a game against myself here and I'm determined not to lose, so when offered biscuits and chocolate and butteries rather than say oh yes I'll just have one I’m being really strict and refusing flat out and do you know what I feel better for it I have more energy as a result.



Now since I decided to do this I weighed myself for the first time in ages, fat people don’t tend to step on the scales if they don’t have too we don’t need something else pointing out what we already know but for me I had too and a full 10 days later I was surprised to see that the hard work was paying off.  Now it was only 7lbs nothing dramatic but when I converted this into new money I was really shocked at how much this was extra to be carrying around previously.  Now I'm not going to be a slave to the scales so I only intend doing this once a week



Next week should see the start of the jogging stage so it will be interesting to see how this pans out



fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment