Tuesday 21 February 2012

3 months to go

So here we are less than 3 months to go until the big race sounds alot doesn't it?  Well not really Christmas was only 2 months ago and I'm still getting over that so May will be here in no time. 

Training update - well what started out as walks with 30 seconds of jogging every 4.5 minutes has now turned into 2 minute jogs every 3 minutes sound easy?  Try it after 4 and 5 reps all i dream of is the voice  to say walk again yet reps 8 and 9 not so bad I guess that's just the body adjusting to the shock.  Anyway each jog still fills me with the same dread as jog 1 did however once I'm out there i do enjoy it and love the feeling of when I know I'm heading home this can only match the feeling that I know it will be at least 2 days before I have to do it all over again

Health eating update - This is going not too bad either I have been able to reward myself with some treats during this time but there is no longer the urge to pig out on things like I did before and crisps, chocolate and biscuits are still a no no.  Not being a big fan of weight loss over the years it came as a pleasant surprise to see that I had lost my first stone this week (1 stone = 6.35kg) however Gillian is testing my will power at the moment by making pancakes at the weekend and having bacon rolls a smell that will test anyone whether they are being good or not

Lastly I'd like to thank anyone who has donated to my charity MS Scotland.  I was truly overwhelmed by the support given and delighted that people have been so generous so much so I've had to raise my expectations about 4 times now.  For those who are not sure what this is all about please visit http://robboy2d.blogspot.com/2012/02/its-all-for-charity-mate.html where I explain what its all about.

For anyone who would still like to donate please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Donnie-Robertson its for a worthy cause and would mean a great deal me

No comments:

Post a Comment