Monday 6 February 2012

Diary of a fat man The long and winding road

So I'm eating healthy and doing well on the training, add that together with walks during the week on my lunch hour and its all going well.  Sunday saw my first outing during the day and i must confess it felt allot better running in the cold day than it does in the cold night.  I even have a confession to make when i arrived home on Sunday after my hour session i actually felt quite good (could have been frost on the brain?) I'm not sure if it was A) just the feeling of being home or B) whether in fact I'm actually starting to enjoy this ?  A few hours later when the aches and pain kick in i start to believe it was probably A.

Anyway as my walks/jogs turn into jogs/walks one thing crossed my mind that i hadn't prepared for, and that was where to run?  It seems simple enough but in reality your choices are limited.  As a busy dad and husband my wife, Gillian, works in the evenings and i look after the kids so when Gillian gets home at 8.15 this is when i head out.  In the dark winter nights i don't like to wonder too far from home so i find myself running around the industrial estate so that no matter where i am I'm never that far from home.  Its not the best of places to run but its quiet and i don't feel self conscious when I'm doing it.  I've mapped out a route of 5k (half the distance of the race and at present the thought of doing this twice still seems a long way away but the mindset and attitude are all still  going strong

So what does this week hold in store well the running part is double what I've done to date so it will be interesting to see my comments this time next week.  I should also be in a position to say who is going to benift from this hard work

Thanks again for all the support and kind words this is what pushes me on

Donnie

No comments:

Post a Comment