Friday 10 February 2012

Diary of a fat man 5 things I miss

So for a few weeks now I've been really strict on my eating habits and I mean strict. When I look back on my old habits I see now just how much junk went into me combined with no exercise it was just a recipe for disaster but that doesn't mean to say I don't miss all of those things.  Here are some of the things I miss since being healthy took over


Number 5 Chocolate - I've never desired chocolate but if there's chocolate around I will have it.  With Christmas in the past my kids between them must have received over 10 selection boxes added on to that chocolate coins and the chocolates Gillian and I received then the house is laden with the stuff.  By now it would have been devoured.  It would not be uncommon for the last cup of tea as night to be accompanied by something from the goodie box.  Now I just avoid chocolate altogether and you know something i don't miss it as much as I thought


Number 4 Crisps  - Crisps are ace.  So versatile they go with almost anything?  No?  Nothing better than sitting at home feeling a little peckish and "oh a wee bag of crisps fit fine" and then 5 minutes later "oh that was great I'll have another" Again party season at Christmas usually means "chip n dip" and pringles are always on offer in the shops so it would not be uncommon to devour a whole tube of pringles in one night, madness I know but they've hit the advertising nail on the head "once you've popped...."  Now I try and avoid crisps but I do miss the crunch sensation you get when eating so I have allowed myself low fat quaveresque bags once or twice a week nothing more

Number 3 Fast Food - Who doesn't like fast food? Chinese, Indian, KFC, Burger King and my all time favourite Domino's.  We like to treat ourselves normally on a Saturday night to something nice and whilst this won’t stop entirely the weakness was during the week if you couldn't think of anything to cook then we would just get takeaway now this doesn't happen every week but again the advertising gang have got you "Two for Tuesday" absolute dream 2 medium pizza's (one each I'm nae that greedy) delivered within 20 minutes for around £10 then if and it’s a big if there was anything left over that was lunch the next day sorted out.  I've not had a proper takeaway since I've started this so we'll wait and see how it goes but so far so good.

Number 2 Cheese - I think push come to shove I could quite happily live without chocolate but not cheese.  Cheese on toast right now would be an absolute treat likewise macaroni cheese absolute event.  I still have cheese like Philadelphia which is OK but it’s not mature cheddar.  I don’t want to write much more as it’s making me hungry

So what’s the biggest thing I miss out of all of this?  Well for one it’s not chips, surprising i know but I’m not a big chip fan, I mean I like chips plenty of salt and some tomato sauce yes please but I wouldn't go wild over it.  Chips are normally a convenient side order because you can’t be bothered peeling and boiling tatties but it’s not something I couldn't live without.

So the main thing I’ve missed the most since starting this is......................

Number 1 Biscuits - I love biscuits not even chocolate biscuits any kind at all.  Take the humble rich tea perfect for dunking (1-2 seconds max) A cup of tea could easily see you through half a dozen biscuits and I drink allot of tea so the cupboard is getting hit hard on a daily basis.  Same at work there is always cookies or cakes on the go so it would be rude not to indulge.  It's really hard to avoid biscuits so what I've found helps is that if I avoid the things that make me eat biscuits then that's half the struggle so instead of tea I have hot juice or water and this helps. 

So there you have it all the things i miss since being healthy.  Now I'm not going to lie to you or kid myself that I wont ever have these things again but moderation is the key and treats are a great reward for my hard work

Till next time

Donnie

No comments:

Post a Comment